Sunday, November 27, 2011

Beer Blogging For a Dummie?


With the start, and seemingly slow growth of interest, of my blog I reached a point of confusion of how to gain more information than I have currently access to. Already there are at least 100 other people like me in this state alone who blog about local breweries and the beer scene in general. So where is one to turn for information that hasn't already been tapped?

Last night, I went to Hailey's Harp and Pub in Metuchen, NJ. Offering my email and blog address didn't seem to conjure up much interest in the owner/beer guy of Hailey's and right now, the day doesn't offer me enough time to access the scene even in my local area. So, here I am! Left wondering and conjuring up ways to gain more access with the same amount of time, and the same amount of ability to drink beer. I have low tolerance, and high blood pressure! So even though the desire to drink more and more is there, the ability is not! Session drinking is what one like me should turn to.

So where does one turn for ideas? His readers! Drink some beer and leave a comment. Let me know what your most looking for in blogs like mine.


3 comments:

  1. The road to readership is long and can be slow. Great content, and social engagement will help create interest, but you have to have compelling content when they come. K.I.S.S. talk about beer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true. Blog about beer needs to remain focused on beer. No rush for readership. Know they will come in time. Thx for comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Beer Disciples. It takes time, but one thing you need to do is make sure your tags are relevant, and you're posting frequently - so the spiderbots keep reporting back to the search engines that you have updated content.

    This is something I personally don't do because I'm not currently super concerned about a big readership, but it's one of the may things you need to do in order to grow your audience.

    Here's something to chew on, as well: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/21-tactics-to-increase-blog-traffic Some of the info they provide is "eh, ok" and some is pretty good. I'd eat the meat and spit out the bones. Take a few tips and do what you think will work for you.

    ReplyDelete